The past couple of years have been exciting for Dr. Michael P. Goodman, the Caring For Women Wellness Center, and Dr. Goodman’s professional training program, The Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty Training Institute of America, Inc.™ We’d like to share some of the excitement with you!
Dr. Goodman’s medical textbook, “Female Genital Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery,” has been translated into Portuguese (2017), Polish (2018) and Chinese and Spanish (also 2018.) More than 1500 copies have been sold worldwide to medical professionals.
The International Society of Cosmetogynecology (ISCG), the largest organization worldwide representing female genital plastic/cosmetic surgeons, gives out annual “Best Of” awards in different domains of women’s surgical and non-surgical treatments. In 2017, Dr. Goodman received the “2017 Best Labiaplasty and Clitoral hood Reduction” award. At ISCG’s 2018 meeting, Dr. Goodman received the award for the “Best Labiaplasty Revision” of 2018. Very recently, at ISCG’s 2019 Annual Congress, Dr. Goodman was awarded the annual “Award for Teaching Excellence,” recognizing his many years of teaching and training both via lectures and workshops at annual meetings and Congresses, his training programs through the European College of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery, and his personal training programs for surgeons, through The Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty Training Institute of America, Inc. ™
Meeting presentations (International Society of Cosmetogyneologists; International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health; World Congress of Aesthetic Gynecology; European College of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery) over the past 2 years include the following presentations:
- “The Biomechanics and Physiology of Orgasm: Why Vaginal Tightening Operations Work.” ISCG (International Society of Cosmetogynecologists,) January 2019, and World Congress of Aesthetic Gynecology (WCAG), Cartagena, Colombia, February 2019
- “Office-Based Vaginal Reconstruction Under Local Anesthesia.” ISCG, Las Vegas, NV, January, 2018
- “The Basics of Perineoplasty and Vaginoplasty (Vaginal Tightening) Procedures.” ISCG, San Diego, CA, January 2017
- “Linear vs. V-Wedge Labiaplasty” ISCG, San Diego, CA, January 2017
- “Complication Avoidance in Genital Plastics.” WCAG, Cartagena, Colombia, February 2019
- “Basics of Labiaplasty Under Local Anesthesia.” Pre-Congress Course at WCAG, Cartagena, February 2019.
- “Why Women Choose Vulvovaginal Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery, and What is to be Learned From the Literature. Personal Experience With 1000 cases, and a Complete Review of the Literature, 2000-2018.” Presentation at The International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH) Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, March 2019.
- “Labiaplasty Revision Operations.” ISCG 12th International Congress, Orlando, FL, January 2019
- “The Basics of Female Genital Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery.” Lecture to Ob-Gyn Department at Udayana University, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia, January 2019
- “The Rules for Successful Labiaplasty.” ISCG, Las Vegas, NV, January 2018
- “The Basics of Menopause,” lectures to second-year medical students at California Northstate School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA, February 2019 and February 2018
- “Uses and Misuses of Genital Lasers;” “The O-Shot and other Uses of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP),” lectures part of Module 18b, European College of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery, Athens, Greece, May 2018 and October, 2017
- “The Basics of Surgical Labiaplasty,” Video lectures at Barcelona University, Barcelona Spain, October, 2017 and 2018
- 3-Day Surgical Training Course Female Genital Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery for European and Asian Surgeons, European College of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery, Module 18b, May 2018 and October 2017.
- 2-Day Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty Training Institute of America, Inc™ (“LaVaTI®”) Training Courses for Surgeons, North and South America, held 4 times/year, Atlanta GA (April and October) and Sacramento, CA (January and July), 2017, 2018, 2019
The Caring For Women Wellness Center Family
A lot has happened to the Caring For Women family! Raechel Davis celebrated her 7th Anniversary at “Caring” in 2019, and gave birth to her fourth child, Rilynn in 2017. Nicole (17th Anniversary as part of the “Caring” family) went from Nicole Sanders to Nicole Sanders-Pardi in April, 2018 with her marriage to Ashley Pardi (see wedding pic below!) We’ve welcomed new surgical nurses Kaitlin Bausola (2017) and Beverly Gigliotti (2018) to our staff. And Dr. Goodman is presently beginning the move from Davis to his new digs off Putah Creek Rd, outside of Winters, CA; he should be all moved in by May 2019.
Caring For Women Wellness Center New Office Hours
Monday 2-5 pm; Tuesday 9-5, Thursday 9-5; Friday AM for surgery by appointment.
Dr. Goodman is “flirting” with retirement, but so far his attentions have been unrequited! He’ll be around for at least the rest of 2019 and probably 2020. After that, he may just decide to farm on his new ranch…
New therapies at Caring For Women Wellness Center
Dr. Goodman is more and more enamored with the use of testosterone for women. More data is accumulating on its beneficial effects. Hormone therapy during menopause keeps getting more and more good safety reviews. Laser and PRP therapy for lichen sclerosus is proving beneficial. And, of course, nothing (nothing!) can replace exercise for health!