As a woman going through or approaching menopause, it can be overwhelming to sift through all of information available on the topic. From cosmetic treatments such as labiaplasty and Botox to hormonal treatments such as hormone replacement therapy and natural supplements, it can be challenging to decipher it all and determine what is right for your unique needs.
Peri-Menopausal Medicine is the practice of medicine specializing in health care for women around (just before, during, or after) menopause (cessation of menses). It is a complicated time with a multiplicity of health, hormonal, personal, psychic and familyrelated issues.
Women experiencing peri-menopause benefit greatly from yearly health maintenance and wellness exams. Other treatments available to improve women’s health during this time include:
· Hormone regulation and replacement therapy;
· Menopausal wellness with or without hormone replacement;
· Management of abnormal bleeding and menstrual abnormalities;
· Treatments for fatigue, depression, sexuality and mood-related problems as well as other disturbing systemic occurrences;
· “Sleep-Hygiene”—lifestyle suggestions, herbal/botanical, hormonal and medicinal therapies for common sleep difficulties.
Many women find it helpful to gain an understanding of the options available to them as they seek for treatments to maximize health and wellbeing throughout peri-menopause.
Dr. Goodman specializes in the following categories for menopausal medicine: