- Dr. Goodman participated in a debate regarding the place and success of women’s genital plastic/cosmetic surgery at the Annual Meeting of the International Continence Society (ICS) in Montreal, Canada. The ICS is an international organization comprised mostly of Urogynecologists (specialists in women’s pelvic floor and incontinence issues), Urologists and other practitioners interested in women’s pelvic floor issues. Dr. Goodman’s debate partners were a professor from the University of Arizona who opposes genital plastic/aesthetic surgery and a professor from Kings College (London, UK) who favors these procedures for limited situations only. It was a lively hour with Dr. Goodman speaking in favor of both aesthetic and functional genital plastic/cosmetic work.
- Dr. Goodman’s last “one-on-one” Masters Class in genital plastic/cosmetic surgery was held in July 2015 with a student (Urogynecologist) from Florida. The next training is slated for September/October 2015 in Dr. Goodman’s offices in Davis, CA.
- February 2015: International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health Annual Meeting in Austin, TX. Dr. Goodman was invited to give two presentations, “The Biomechanics and Physiology of Vaginal Tightening Operations: Why They Work” and “Body Image and Sexual Satisfaction in Women Completing Genital Plastic/Cosmetic Procedures: The VASE-2 Study.”
- January 2015: American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons, International Society of Cosmetogynecology Annual Meeting in New Orleans, CA
- Dr. Goodman participated in the annual “Be Well Expo” at the Scottish Rite Auditorium in Sacramento on October 5th. Dr. Goodman was available for free consultations on menopause, sexual issues, PMS, labiaplasty, vaginal tightening surgery, and other women’s health issues.
- Dr. Goodman participated in the 25th Annual Meeting of the North American Menopause Society, in Washington, D.C. October 15th – 18th, 2014. Dr. Goodman sits on NAMS’ Consumer Education Committee.
- Dr. Goodman was invited back to Monte Carlo, Monaco, to help teach the Genital Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Course at the 12th Anti-Aging Medicine World Congress April 3rd-5th, held under the High Patronage of HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco. He lectured on “Techniques for Successful Labiaplasty,” and the “Biomechanics and Physiology of Orgasm and Vaginal Tightening Operations.
- February 28- March 8, 2013: Dr. Goodman participated in the Annual Meeting of the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH), held this in New Orleans, LA. In addition to being on the meeting’s Scientific Committee, Dr. Goodman (Senior Author) presented preliminary results from the VASE 2 Study, a study of the sexual and body image outcomes of genital plastic/cosmetic surgery, following a large group of women from several centers around the United States. This is a follow-up study to a small pilot study by Dr. Goodman and colleagues published in 2011 in the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery.
- In April 2013, Dr. Goodman was voted to become a Fellow of the prestigious International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH). Being named an ISSWSH Fellow (“IF”) is one of the highest honors and achievements one can obtain in the field of Sexual Medicine.
- April 5-7, 2013: Dr Goodman was invited by the Organizing Committee of the 11th Anti-Aging Medicine World Congress, to present two lecturers to attendees from Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. He also spoke on his research on sexual and body image effects of genital plastic surgery; a second lecture presented information on different surgical techniques, including his opinions on how to choose “The Right Procedure on the Right Patient for the Right Reasons”
First Pan-Asian Congress of Cosmetogynecology
[caption id="attachment_1244" align="aligncenter" width="392" caption="Dr. Goodman speaking at the First Pan-Asian Congress of Cosmetogynecology held in Seoul, Korea, December 2012"][/caption]
Dr. Goodman recently returned from the First Pan-Asian Congress of Cosmetogynecology held in Seoul, Korea, December 9-11th, 2011 where he was one of four specially invited International speakers.
Dr. Goodman spoke on “The Responsibilities of the Female Genital Plastic/Cosmetic Surgeon” and also lectured on the “V-Wedge vs. Linear Resection Techniques of Labiaplasty.”
With five peer-reviewed publications in the field, and over 10 years of experience in the newly emerging specialty of Female Genital Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Goodman is one of the “elder statesmen” in the field. His present research is in the areas of sexuality and body image in women requesting genital cosmetic and plastic surgery.
6th Annual Congress on Aesthetic Vaginal Surgery
[caption id="attachment_1166" align="aligncenter" width="392" caption="Dr. Goodman delivers the Keynote Address at the 6th Annual Congress on Aesthetic Vaginal Surgery, Tucson, AZ, November 2011"][/caption]
Dr. Goodman was recently honored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Gynecologists by being asked to deliver the Keynote Address at their Annual Meeting in Tucson, AZ. Dr. Goodman gave his address, titled, “A Review of Female Genital Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery: Patient Selection, Sexual Issues, and How to Stay out of Trouble.”, as wells as a second lecture which reviewed the different techniques for female genital plastic/cosmetic surgery, how to choose, and “Do’s and Don’ts” of each technique.
More Photos From the Meeting:Powered by Hackadelic Sliding Notes 1.6.5